Wednesday 23 April 2008

Diary 24.4.1883


Tuesday 24


A wet morning porridge and tea and toast for breakfast, I have got friends with the cook so he will toast a bit of bread for me and bake me cakes, we made a pie for dinner and two fatty cakes for our tea. I am very glad to say John Edwin is still improving every day, you would be surprised if you had to see him now he is so very thin but I think he will be better when we get where it is a little colder. We often wonder how you are all getting on at home and wish we could just pop in and see you all, (like many of their generation they lived in close proximity to their extended family – brother Huttons lived in Elmsall Street & Lumb Lane, a Foster brother in Lily Street and John Edwin’s parents in Butterfield Row, all within a few hundred metres of one another) if we ask Emmeline where her Grandma and her Auntie is she says they are gone, she can talk very nicely now, she goes to her Dada and says “Bless Dada my Dada” it just suits him.

No comments:

Post a Comment