Sunday 11 January 2009

#36 Photo editing

This Thing features Picnik and a number of other photo editor sites. I encountered Picnik a couple of Things ago (Box.net the online file storage).

This exercise wants you to use one of the sites, edit a few pictures and save them, then write the experience and include either a link to or embed one of the pictures you edited. Maybe even a before and after images.

The image I chose, was originally a transparent slide, taken in 1959, and digitally scanned by a commercial photographic shop in 2005.
This image is the after shot, I'd fiddled with the lighting mostly, and just a tinker with the colour.


Finally, as the details of buildings are the most important to me, I concentrated on them (to the detriment of the now yellow sky), but now I can distinguish that the shed is actually made of blocks.
I found this a great experience with regards this picture. I did find that I don't have as much flexiblity with rotating images as I do with Microsoft's Picture Manager, but appreciate the lighting and colour features more with Picnik.

2 comments:

  1. Was it you choice to shorten upper and lower margins of photo or could you have left it oroginal size

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the second photo I cropped the foreground, as it is just a muddy paddock, and then in the third shot I cropped heavily to have the changes concentrated on the building details I wanted, and the sky had turned a pale yellow shade.

    ReplyDelete