Monday 13 May 2013

Oooo records

Conversation the other day got around to what was the first record (or cassette, or CD - depending on your age) that you bought.
I didn't have to think for long, still remember it - "Explosive hits '74". I purchased it for my sister's birthday, and the first chance we had to play it was at our grandparents. Our grandfather totally disapproved of this loud pop music on a machine which previously had only ever played classical and operatic works (maybe it had sometime to do with the first track starting with the guttural ooga ooga ooga chaka).


I didn't remember all the tracks, but seeing the listing again -
Side 1:
Hooked on a feeling - Blue Swede
Dance with the devil - Cozy Powell
Billy don't be a hero - Paper Lace
Ships in the night - Vicki Lawrence
Too pooped to pop - The La De Das
The Entertainer - New England Conservatory Ragtime Ensemble
La Grange - ZZ Top
Emma - Hot Chocolate
Seasons in the sun - Bobby Wright
Side 2:
The Loco-Motion - Grand Funk Railway
Devil Gate Drive - Suzi Quarto
I am Pegasus - Ross Ryan
The air that I breathe - The Hollies
Over the rainbow - Billy Thorpe
The last time I saw him - Diana Ross
Evie Part 1 - Stevie Wright
My coo ca choo - Alvin Stardust

brings most of it back, though there were a couple that didn't ring a bell till I searched for them on iTunes, also checked my iTunes library and I have two-thirds of them. Umm is that good or bad? 
The other thing that reminiscing about these old tracks is, you also remember events of those times too - listening again conjures up memories...
And then there was "Explosive hits '76"!

No comments:

Post a Comment