Wednesday 24 February 2010

The Road

A shocking and gruesome murder wakens an unseen ancient evil force in Outback Australia. A truck driver, a schoolboy and a retired couple on their dream holiday, are among a group of travelers caught up in a supernatural time-loop.

Following the grisly discovery of the bloodied and battered bodies of a young woman and a man on a property not far from the highway, the truck driver is forced to confront the very real possibility that there is a killer on the loose and then convince his fellow travellers that they are all in danger.

Trapped on a long stretch of the Silver City Highway, just outside Broken Hill, they enter a nightmarish journey in which they are powerless, and from which there seems no escape. They are unable to go either forward or backward—on this nightmarish journey littered with road kill, that just won't end. And when they run out of petrol, the land seems to channel them towards the homestead property where the gory murders occurred.

Told from shifting perspectives by characters who each seem to be hiding something, the suspense builds as the group collapses under the escalating stress.
A chilling, foreboding supernatural horror set in the harsh light of day. Turly scary - Catherine Jinks' best.

4 comments:

  1. OOOOO spelling mistake I hope cos I don't know how you can run out of 'patrol'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Least I was honest - I published your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
    could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping YOU are human, suggest you check out the Blogger site Help or Review/compare sites & comments.

    ReplyDelete