Friday 12 June 2009

Harry in print

Back in March 2008, I was inspired by the blog WWII: the experiences of an English soldier.
The blog is made up of transcripts of Harry Lamin's letters from the first World War. The letters were posted exactly 90 years after they were written. It was the brainchild of Harry's grandson Bill Lamin. Here's the link to Harry's blog
It led me to post my own historical material in real time, especially as it was 125 years since the diary was written. The diary is a ship-board journal of Emily Ann Foster sailing from Glasgow to Bundaberg in 1883. Emily was my Great-great-grandmother, and I just added photos, maps and some explanatory comments to her story.
Now the popularity of Harry's story has moved from an internationally acclaimed blog, through media interviews, a world tour, a commemorative stamp issue, to now a book.

I'm endeavouring to obtain a copy, but it is only released in the UK and US, not Australia at this stage, may have to resort to the Internet to secure a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment