Sunday 28 June 2009

#65 Economic crisis

The current economic crisis still dominates the news, here are a number of resources to check out, to help us figure it out, free of political bias but with a very American bias.
15 Things You Need to Know about the Panic of 2008 brief couple of sdentences on each point.
The Subprime Primer a pretty simplified view, and I got bored clicking through 40 odd pages before I got to the language not for the faint of heart bit.
The Crisis & credit problems from Time.com.
Judy Woodruff interviewed George Soros in the New York Review of Books, but what they talked about makes a lot of sense now. Even the Senator Obama bit!
How can mortgage-backed securities bring down the U.S. economy? I found this the best explanation so far.
Of course, there are a few Wikipedia pieces: Subprime mortgage crisis and Proposed bailout of United States financial system.
Am I more informed - a little, am I glad Australia hadn't adopted the same practises as America - too right, do I wish the world wasn't so global - at times like this (with parallel importing & new copyright restrictions) yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment