Friday 13 March 2009

#50 YouTube for cooks

Wow! I've hit 50!
I'm cooked is the You-Tube for cooks, a site for all you chef's, aspiring cooks, and food burners. Imcooked.com is a web community for sharing your favourite recipes. You can record yourself preparing food and upload it to the site for users to see and follow. Want to see how people prepare a particular food or drink? Imcooked.com also has celebrities preparing their favourite foods. I watched Sir Paul McCartney make mashed 'taters wasn't sure about some of his techniques, but liked his style.

The Discovery Exercise was to do a search on your favourite dish/drink, explore the Top Favourites and Blog about what you thought about the site.

Again the American-ness (and English-ness) was obvious, no-one had loaded chocolate crackles, pavlova or lamingtons recipes, but there's burgers, jerked chicken and pecan pies, and using non-Australian brands and ingredients. The speed or lack of it was problem, especially if I wanted to watch a segment of say 15 minutes! And no accompanying recipe (need to write down items as they're shown even if just "some vinegar"), so I guess it's more a 'how to' site eg - how to break an egg with one hand! (my brother was sure that technique helped him win his state award)

4 comments:

  1. Was the Berlina Torte on that site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it wasn't (beginning to feel it is almost a family secret), but there's a photo of a Berlina Torte at the bottom of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i recognised it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. time I checked in, it's been a while and blow me down if I don't find a cake I made

    ReplyDelete