Tuesday 28 July 2009

#69 Feed my Inbox

This is another form of RSS - Really Simple Syndication, instead of using a web-based RSS reader such as Google Reader or Bloglines. With Feed My Inbox you input the feed address/URL and your email address, get an email to confirm, then just wait till your site has some activity and you get an email informing you.
Discovery Exercise: was to set one up, wait for a new feed and discuss the content, how it was arraigned and were there links to follow?
I chose Pixdaus' "Popular Today Pics" and got a list of 29 photos appearing in my Inbox. I really prefer to continue with Bloglines to track the sites I'm already following, as I get enough emails as it is, but I feel that, provided I go off and make a cup of coffee while it is downloading, I get to see the new photos in one list instead of groups of ten, so it suits this application.


This very Mists of Avalon photo was one of those downloaded, decidedly Arthurian.

No comments:

Post a Comment