Monday 6 April 2009

#54 BookJetty

There are similar sites to LibraryThing (at Thing #11) that you can use to catalogue your own library, list books you want to own or read or review books.
Bookjetty is such a site where people can catalogue their books and list things they are reading, have read or want, review books, tag them, rate them and add a widget to their blog.
But here’s the difference: if you want an item, you can link to Amazon to buy it ,and you can search listed library catalogues, see if the item is available and reserve it.
I had to join, set up local libraries that you would like to search, catalogue a minimum of six books, install the Bookjetty widget on my blog then blog about the experience.
Well I found the site difficult to navigate, in that I knew what I wanted but working which bit controlled which action took some time. I added a few books & libraries (no Swift ones, suggested my local one - still waiting) and added the widget to my Sidebar. Overall I'd prefer LibraryThing now that it too can link to your library catalogue, even though it is still frustratingly slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment