Fine morning to begin with but we had a very bad shower about 1 o’clock but it has taken up again. We have been on deck all the afternoon John Edwin went to Church on the poop. We have sighted Solitary Island, we could see the lighthouse when it got dark.
(The original construction of the lightstation began on 11 July 1878 and took thirty workers more than 2 years to complete).
The Light from South Solitary Station